To request to photograph, record, or broadcast a court event, please follow these steps:
- Fill out both the Media Request (MC-500) & the Media Request to Permit Coverage (MC-510) forms.
- Fax both the forms to the Judicial Assistants at (209) 725-4108. There is a five-day notice rule (California Rules of Court Rule 1.150) for Media Requests, but a Judicial Officer can find “good cause” if the request comes in at a later time.
- The Judicial Assistant will notify the your agency of the outcome and any specific requests the Judicial Officer has made.
Note: For more information regarding Media Requests, please reference the Superior Court of California, County of Merced Standing Order 2009-07.
Courtroom Equipment Requests
If you are an attorney and wish to present an electronic exhibit in court, please follow these steps:
- Read the Uniform Instructions for Presentation of Electronic Exhibits standing order.
- Fill out the IT Courtroom Equipment Request Form.
- Submit the form to the court.
Judicial Administrative Records & Information
Effective January 1, 2010, rule 10.500 of the California Rules of Court sets forth comprehensive public access provisions applicable to judicial administrative records maintained by state trial and appellate courts, the Judicial Council, and the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC).
Please direct requests for access to judicial administrative records maintained by the Superior Court of California, County of Merced to:
Linda Romero Soles, Court Executive Officer
Administration, Room 10
Merced Superior Court
627 West 21st Street
Merced, CA 95340
Phone (209) 725-4101
Fax (209) 725-4102
8 am - 5 pm
The Superior Court of California, County of Merced will make identifiable judicial administrative records available upon request, unless the records are exempt from disclosure under rule 10.500. Records may be subject to payment of a fee (see Fee Guidelines and subdivision (e)(4) of rule 10.500)